1. Skip to Menu
  2. Skip to Content
  3. Skip to Footer>
  • Kenya smallholder tea farmers earn Sh63.6 billion from tea exports

  • Forex 31.07.2015

  • Forex 30.07.2015

  • Forex 29.07.2015

  • Forex 28.07.2015

 

Equip students with relevant skills, World Bank chief challenges African universities

By Makhtar Diop

More than 50 percent of the population of sub-Saharan Africa is younger than 25 years of age, and every year for the next decade we expect 11 million African youth to enter the job market. Some skills offered at African universities are poorSome skills offered at African universities are poor

This so-called demographic dividend offers a tremendous opportunity for Africa to build a valuable base of human capital that will serve as the engine for the economic transformation of our continent.

Developers warn of severe shortage of houses to cater for enlarging middle class.

By Ben Kinyanjui

The Kenya Property Developers Association (KPDA) has warned of a severe shortage of houses to cater for the growing middle class especially in major urban centres.Shortage of housing in Nairobi looms large Shortage of housing in Nairobi looms large

The association that together with HassConsult has launched Kenya's first ever annual report on the state of development in Nairobi says housing shortage in Nairobi is acute and deteriorating.

Kenya gets Sh17 billion from World Bank to support transport sector

By Ben Kinyanjui


The World Bank has approved new funding for the emergency reconstruction of Kenya’s Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, which suffered a major fire disaster in August last year.

JKIA is the regional hub for East AfricaJKIA is the regional hub for East Africa

The Bank’s Executive Board of Directors today approved $203.5 million (Sh 17 billion) additional financing for the Kenya Transport Sector Support Project (KTSSP) to support emergency activities and the ongoing expansion works at the airport in Nairobi, and also to enable the government to complete upgrading sections of the Northern and Western transport corridors.

Plants expert calls for compliance of food safety standards

By James Onsando

Horticulture is among the leading contributors to Kenya’s agricultural GDP at 36 per cent. The sector is growing at between 15 and 20 per cent per year, employing over six million Kenyans directly and indirectly. Stringent standards set by importers abroad hurting sectorStringent standards set by importers abroad hurting sector

Of the total horticultural production, about 95 per cent is consumed or utilized locally, while the remaining 5 per cent is exported.

GZ Industries to build a can manufacturing firm at Sultan Hamud

 

By TF News Reporter

GZ Industries that is one of Africa's largest aluminium can manufacturers is set to enter the Kenyan market early next year.

High cost of production has scared away investors in manufacturingHigh cost of production has scared away investors in manufacturing

The company currently with factories in Nigeria wants to construct a $100 million factory along Mombasa Road with an annual production capacity of 1.2 billion cans per year.

Accounting body welcomes new public sector accounting standards board

By Benson Okundi

On 28 February 2014, the National Treasury Cabinet secretary, in accordance with the Public Finance Management Act, made appointments to the Public Sector Accounting Standards Board. Treasury Chief Henry Rotich appointed standards boardTreasury Chief Henry Rotich appointed standards board

We congratulate the minister for actualizing the requirements of the Act by consulting the board.

Like Us On Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Kenya Economy

I want to be an entrepreneur

Taibjee Consultants
www.taibjeeconsultants.com
For Patent, Trademark, Industrial Design, Customer Care training

EAC News
www.eatradereview.net
Read Comprehensive  Regional, Trade and Investment News on East Africa

Sponsored Ads

University of Nairobi